Saturday, December 16, 2006

WHAT GOD HAS BEEN UP TOO

Two weeks ago, on Friday I was looking at the bills and seeing that the money needed to cover them wasn't coming in nearly as fast or as much as I would like to have seen. To be honest I was totally stressing about it. I brought it up to Dawn and told her that I thought that on Monday I should head out and get some sort of job to help out. Now, that sounds like a normal thing to do, but I have really felt that I wasn't supposed to "look" for work, but trust that God would provide our needs through this time in our lives. Well, the next day I get a call from a guy who is part of the small group that I lead and he proceeds to tell me that a job that he's going to be working on on Monday needs an extra person and would I be interested in helping out. Of course I said yes and I spent Monday and Tuesday forming and pouring three concrete slabs. After we're done the guy that hired the two of us (the friend from the group is a independent contractor that does home improvment stuff) asks me what I do, if I was laid off or something and asked me if I'd be interested in working more for them when they needed help. I of course once again said sure. Well, my friend calls me up and says he needs help on one of his projects for this week so I helped him out again on Monday and Tuesday. I could have helped him out on Wednesday but on Friday last week I received confirmation about taking my state real estate license exams so I set the test date for Thursday and needed to study. I took the tests and passed them both! So, now I have my temporary Real Estate License for Ohio. I'll get the "official" one in about 30 days. Let's jump back now to that first Satuday again. I receive a call to preach at a lock-in that a neighboring community group of churches are putting together which happened last night. That Sunday or Monday, I receive a call from a pastor to see if I could do pulpit supply on the 31st of the month. I also have scheduled to speak at a young adult retreat that weekend. Finally, to top it all off a sweet widow lady in our church decides out of the blue to write me a $25 check.

All that to say, I am so unworthy to serve our God. I am amazed as how he cares for us and how he provides our "daily bread". I've often said that "I don't need to get rich, but just need to get by. " But, that is so much harder than it sounds. I'm glad God doesn't hold my lack of faith against me sometimes. I'm so thankful for the reassurances that it'll be alright.

Thanks all of you who continue to pray for us. Your prayers are not going unanswered!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you for sharing. what an amazing testimony!

Brook said...

I really needed to read this today...thanks Scott. I've been stressed over money issues as well. And it's silly really, we are so blessed! I shouldn't care how many presents our boys get this year...I may just go take a picture of the food in our frige and wrap it up for them! Our pastor just finished a series on how much we are blessed; it was amazing to realize that we are not lucky people, we are blessed people! I love how sometimes it seems that God is waiting for us to simply trust him before he pours out his blessing on us. Your story is proof of that to me.

ibzim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ibzim said...

Scott,
Two lessons here:
1)God provides
2)Faithful servants continue to serve while waiting on His timing.


Thanks for the example of number 2.

Amy Nelson said...

I need your email address
Will you post it or email it to me? aepeach@gmail.com

Joyce Collins said...

Congrats on your listings!!!!!!

ToddMishWill said...

Wahoo!!!! Way to go super house seller guy!!!