For quite some time now, I've been praying that I can be a "man after God's own heart" like it was said about David. I've always had this impression that to be that kind of man meant that I'd have this sense of love and "Godliness" that would be greater than anything. I'm sure some of that is true, but am becoming more convinced that to truly be a man after God's own heart is to be a man whose heart is consistently broken. The heart that God has is a heart of love for His children and the truth is, many of His children are in rebellion. Many of His children do not respond out of love to others. They don't seek His face or humble themselves before Him etc. etc. etc.
When I say "they" I often mean "me" as well. I think some of the disappointment that I have in people is the direct result of my heart being more like Christ. It aches for people to "get it" and move beyond the pettiness of life and move toward Jesus. I believe that I should still be praying for God's heart, but am not real sure that I am ready for all that truly entails.
God help me and us all.
Blessings.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment