Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Coffee Shop
I'm currently sitting in our local coffee shop and thought I'd drop a post. I don't drink coffee, as many of you know, but they have a great cup of hot chocolate. and some of the biggest cinnamon rolls you've ever seen. Anyway, it's amazing how God can use you in the strangest places. Our, across the street neighbor, works here and she is currently trying to sell her home. They have only been in there for 6months. I happened to ask her why she was moving and for the next 15 minutes she began to open her life up to me and share how she felt that the move here was against where God wanted her and her family to be and they should have never left Montana. Anyway, I've only talked to this woman a few times prior to this, but I was able to share with her and be a listening ear to her during this trying time. It's amazing how many people desire someone, anyone, to listen to them; to pour their heart out to. I'm glad that I came here today as I've been able to, for just a little while, be Jesus to someone who needs Him today. She even asked me to pray for them. I'm honored and I will. My prayer for each of you today is that you can be Jesus to someone today too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hot Chocolate is WAY better than coffee anyways. Happy Valentine's Day, Scotty boy!!
I've recently begun to email one of the younger teenage girls in the youth group. She came to Stephen for help, but he thought a "female" perspective was more appropriate. It's been hard! In her first email she expressed to me that her father hits her sometimes and through following emails she's told me about her low self-esteem, she's into some pretty dark music and way of dressing. You pray for oppurtunities like these, but sometimes when they come, they overwhelm your heart. I have to pray each time I email her that God gives me the words and I'm directed to the right verses. I think so far He has, and I'm grateful. Sometimes "I" just have no idea what to do or say.
Post a Comment