
It's amazing how much that christianity has become a money making machine. Last night I was flipping channels and the news program was highlighting the new theme park in Orlando called The Holy Land Experience. (www.theholylandexperience.com) I guess it's a theme park that resembles Israel and the surrounding areas. It's filled with drama and storylines about Jesus and the such. I'm sure it's just like being there. Look how friendly that Roman soldier is. Today, again flipping channels (I obviously watch too much tv) I saw a group of women on one of our "religious" channels selling her treatments that helped everyone from the kids to the seniors. One set of 4 things ran $115! Pat Robertson is in the middle of building a $50 million visitors center/theme park next to the sea. It really bugs me that we, the church, spend so much money on the trivial. I'm just as guilty as the next guy, but it seems to bother me more and more each and every day especially when we see almost daily how poor people are around us and around this world. I'm not gonna name the band, but we here on our church district tried to get a band here for a district concert thingy, but we couldn't afford their $40,000 price tag just to show up. We would also have to supply room/board the facilities etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, I know it costs money to do things, but when to we make enough? At what point do we make a living and start living LARGE? I'm not pointing my finger so much at others as I am at myself and am trying to figure out where it is that God wants me and my family. Anyway, we're making progress in this adventure and God is soooo faithful. Continue to pray for us as we will continue to pray for you.

1 comment:
"Make all you can, in order to give all you can."
John Wesley
Post a Comment