Dawn and I returned home last night from visiting my parents and sister in Mississippi. It was a good trip but it was a long 14 hours. I got to go fishing a few times there, but didn't really catch much. I think the heat was too much for the fish to bite. We hit the mid 90's every day. We've both returned with head colds that we got down there from who knows where and Reagan and Connor are spending the next couple of weeks with my mom and dad. They really enjoy spending time with my parents as they are good at spoiling them. I'm extremely thankful that Reagan and Connor get the opportunity to know them. Grandparents are truly a blessing from God!
On another note, I was offerered a position down there by my parent's pastor. I was pretty much given cart blanche to do whatever I felt like God wanted me to do and they would give me a salary. It sounds good, but I'm gonna spend some time praying about it for a while. If I'm honest, I don't really feel led there at this time, but who knows maybe I will soon.
I did discover while there that once again people are not really understanding what it is we are going through or doing. Just so you know, we are not mad at the church or are we hurt by it. We just feel like God is directing us into new waters, so to speak. He is shaping us for what He has planned and we are trying to be obedient to that call. Continue to pray for us as we will continue to pray for you during this journey. I am excited that some of you are getting more excited about what it is that God is calling you to. Continue to seek him and he will be faithful.
Blessings!
Saturday, June 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I kind of understand where you are at...just being patient...AHHH...It is so HARD.
Scott,
Your name & blog was passed on to me by Beacon Hill as one who had requested the review copy of "Gutsy Faith." Glad I came to check out your blog. Love what you posted the last time and on this one. Sounds like you're going through kindof what I went through 12 years ago with a lot of the questioning I was doing regarding the Church, and what God might be calling me and my wife to do. I pray God reveals Himself to you as you thurst for Him and His voice in your life.
Look forward to reading your thoughts on "Gutsy Faith" and I hope it will maybe give you some direction in your search for God's guidance in your faith journey.
Hey ya bro!
Good to hear from you on my xanga blog. Thanks for the props!
We are totally enjoying the pregnancy journey
sorry, i did not finish the last comment . . .
things are well, but i just really wanted to send out a little thanks for the props and let you know that if you ever want to blog some more on your thoughts (which by the way I am liking the things you are grappling with in your entries) I'm just a xanga blog away!
Later,
Timmy and D
Post a Comment