Saturday, October 28, 2006

Nazbo Rap

All you Nazarenes out there need to check this out.

Here's an article I just came across at Youth Specialties talking a lot about what I call the Bait and Switch in my previous post. Here

5 comments:

Scott Williams said...

Don't know what happened. I fixed the link.

James said...

Good link Scott. I actually just found another Nazarene link on youtube the other day that was VERY ENCOUAGING.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfkY5UrsXgg

I am going to link it from my site soon. Check out Brian Hull's site (http://gilborules.blogspot.com/) and the link to Brian Postelait's (sp) site, and comments. I thought there was some good stuff there.

You have a lot of great conversation staters on here Scott. I have three of your posts bookmarked to respond to someday.... someday.
Peace.

ToddMishWill said...

Okay, first props to Bob Brower (my sister's father-in-law), President of Point Loma for his cameo in the video. He's a very cool guy.

Okay, on to the discussion. Thinking back over my post teen group times...I had very involved Sunday School leaders who kept us accountable and kept us all together with activities, retreats, etc.

In our church model, we say we must have a children's pastor and we must have a teen pastor but then when those teens are making their first real, adult decisions (buying/renting, college/straight to work, marriage/career, etc) we don't have a "pastor" for that time. We push them out on their own both socially and in the church. We put them under the general coverage of the pastor and hope they fly or that they will automatically assimilate into existing SS classes with people who are their parents age.

I think of the hispanic churches whose "youth groups" include those all the way through their 30s and sometimes beyond. That is a key age with a lot of changes that should be supported by a church family.

Someone should send this blog (and the previous one) to the GSs of the church...

Samuel said...

Hi Scott - what is your email address? Mine is on my blog, in the profile section.
Samuel

Anonymous said...

Come on buddy, don't you think it is time for an update.