Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Excitement

Sunday was a absolutely great day in the Lord. As may know, going to church over the past couple of years for us here has been a little bit of a struggle as we've tried to reconcile where we were at in our spiritual journey and the direction of our church was heading. In that process we've been both challenged to clarify our spiritual directives as individuals and as part of the overall body of Christ. Sunday was great as we were able to witness our pastor complete his series on Luke where Jesus talks to the man about loving God and loving his neighbor. To say the least, it was stirring in our hearts and in the hearts of those around us. He specifically mentioned his roots as the long haired drunk hippie who got saved while still employed at Jeep and how he soon was reaching out to anyone who would listen then becoming a part-time pastor and eventually full-time pastor at a mission. He told stories how after Sunday morning services they would invite the homeless and the prostitutes over for lunch etc. Then he said this. When I moved here I got into "church" and lost sight of what I should be doing. That's not a quote per se but it's close. I'm so excited about how many people will walk out of our church because our place will not be the social club they once knew. I hope they will catch on, but I'm glad we are moving in what I belive is the right direction.
May God continue to help us figure out what He wants from us!

2 comments:

angie said...

Miss ya.

James said...

That is awesome to hear. I admire how you have stuck in there and been a support and an encouragement for Don and the church, while exploring where God is leading you... or keeping you.

Love you brother.