Since my last post it seems like my life has opened up to all new and exciting areas. One of the most unexpected results from resigning from my pastoral position has been the overwhelming sense of freedom and security. One would think that security would be the furthest from me since I've just let go of my only paycheck, but God has been reassuring me over and over that He is in control and that our needs will be met. The freedom that I feel is the result of a loss of guilt that I constantly had as a result of feeling that I wasn't passionate enough or puting enough effort into my current ministry position. I've been released to dream again and not feel like I'm shorting those in the youth group. It's also been amazing how God has revealed himself to me so clearly through the scriptures during this time. I can't seem to get enough time of reading in the Word and spending prayer time. Really, the only thing that is preventing me from more reading is my eyes hurting. (I'm getting old) Not only have I been encouraged in this fashion, but Dawn has been as well. Almost nightly we've been discussing how this verse or that one or that passage has spoken to us. We're dreaming together and get so excited that we can hardly sleep at night.
As a result of all of this, I've been challenged and stretched by God in some specific areas of my life and I'm very greatful that God has deemed us worthy of His time and effort. I'm amazed that God cares for each of us on this planet especially me. His grace astounds me and overwhelms me. Who am I that God should care for me? I am but a whisper in all of eternity, but He loves me. Praise the Lord! I'm looking forward to tomorrow as I will share with the youth group and the church board my resignation. I'm not looking forward to the disappointment that I believe some will have, but I'm relishing the opportunity to explain to them exactly what God has been and is doing in our lives. My prayer is that someone, of whom I share with, will be someone who's been struggling with letting God have control over an issue but has not the faith to follow through with it and because of our testimony they will gather strength and become what God wants them to be. I believe that those of you who read this could possibly be one as well. Continue to pray for us as we will continue to pray for you.
Saturday, January 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I remember the day you gave St. Paul's your resignation...no, it wasn't easy for me or the teens, but I think we have all grown and learned from having you and your passion for the Lord show through your actions and your obedience. I am excited for you.
Yeah, just trying to get some colors that look good
Thanks for telling me you had a blog butthole. I am so excited for the two of you!
I didn't tell you because I knew you'd call be a butthole.
Post a Comment