Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Word is Out

It's Wednesday and I've already told the church board and the teenagers who were here on Sunday night about my resignation. I'll give a testimony on Sunday to the whole church so that they will hear it from me and not just the rumormill around the church. The responses that we have received have run the gammot as we've seen those who were totally excited for us and what God is doing in our lives to those who have felt betrayed. It's the latter who make this journey a little tougher than what we would like, but we realize many trials will come as we try to pursue this path and we will have to let God prevail and carry us through them. One exciting aspect of this journey is that I have really begun to have a passion for lifting people up to God in prayer and petitioning Him on their behalf during these past couple of weeks. It's strange, but by stepping out like this I, personally, have had my eyes opened some to what Jesus has asked of us about "the first shall be last" and so forth. I have been finding it easier to put other people's concerns above ours and thus have felt an overwhelming sense that God understands our concerns and will take care of them. It's very exciting. In fact, I am already tired of being the center of attention in all of this. I can almost be a martyr for God as I say "look at me and what I'm doing for God", but neither Dawn or I want any part of that. We simply want to place the focus completely upon God and His faithfulness. For He has truly been faithful to us during this time. We are still asking for your prayers, however, as we continue on this journey as we know that there are times ahead that you will have to carry us upon your prayers. One specific prayer that I would ask of you is that a house that I have will sell very quickly. Many of you know that Dawn's dad and I buy and fix up homes that need work. Well, we have had a home now for over a year that has been on the market for about 6 months. We need that home to sell so that we no longer have that burden upon us and that would really alleviate some stress in our lives. I'm not concerned with making a profit at this time, but rather that we can break even and pay off what we owe on it. Obviously, it would be nice to make some money but I know that even if we don't God will provide.
Anyway, I will try and keep you up to date as to our progress on this journey. A final reminder, as you read this post, please remember that I am praying for you and that our God is truly in Love with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While it’s not easy to have someone feel like you have betrayed them, one thing it does mean is that you meant something to their lives. When you left St. Paul’s I was tore up about it, but I think that says more about you than if I had been just OK with it. Investing in peoples lives is one of the most important things you can do. I wish more people would invest in others as you both have. Hopefully, your example will cause that to happen. Thanks.

James said...

Rock on brother. Rock on. We really are pumped for you guys... and of course that means we are praying for you through this journey.