hose in the picture are just some. I look constipated in this picture) As I reflect back over the years, I'm even more excited about my future as I can see how God used me in some of my worst moments to help him reach some of his lost children. It gives me hope for my future as I'm a little farther down that road now. (Implying that I may not make some of the same mistakes) I'm excited about this next chapter of my life. If the next 15 years are anything like the past 15, I would be blessed beyond words. If, however, they are bigger than the past 15 then only heaven will be able to contain what is to come. Father God, thank you for where I've been, but help me not to dwell on my past but to anticipate where you're leading me now.
Sunday, January 29, 2006
Last Day as a YP
Well, I'm done! I'm no longer the youth pastor at Defiance Church of the Nazarene. In fact after close to 15 years of being involved in youth ministry I may be done with youth ministry as a "profession". It's a good day, but one that I really didn't know would ever come. I had always thought that I'd be a "lifer" in youth ministry. I guess at my age, almost 36, that is a lifer to some. I have only a few regrets over that period of time and it has to do with my efforts, but thankfully God is very gracious and has blessed me with more "jewels" than regrets over that time. Many of you reading this are some of those jewels. (T
hose in the picture are just some. I look constipated in this picture) As I reflect back over the years, I'm even more excited about my future as I can see how God used me in some of my worst moments to help him reach some of his lost children. It gives me hope for my future as I'm a little farther down that road now. (Implying that I may not make some of the same mistakes) I'm excited about this next chapter of my life. If the next 15 years are anything like the past 15, I would be blessed beyond words. If, however, they are bigger than the past 15 then only heaven will be able to contain what is to come. Father God, thank you for where I've been, but help me not to dwell on my past but to anticipate where you're leading me now.
hose in the picture are just some. I look constipated in this picture) As I reflect back over the years, I'm even more excited about my future as I can see how God used me in some of my worst moments to help him reach some of his lost children. It gives me hope for my future as I'm a little farther down that road now. (Implying that I may not make some of the same mistakes) I'm excited about this next chapter of my life. If the next 15 years are anything like the past 15, I would be blessed beyond words. If, however, they are bigger than the past 15 then only heaven will be able to contain what is to come. Father God, thank you for where I've been, but help me not to dwell on my past but to anticipate where you're leading me now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
God is Great...15 years is a lifer, well it is more than a life to a 12 year old, but only a half life to a 30 year old....oh and you are a jewel as well, good buddy!!
Post a Comment